Homemade mayo in 5 minutes or less?
Sign me up!
Hold onto your sandwiches because I am about to drop a mayo bomb! We’ve all heard the phrase “hold the mayo” when ordering food; that attempt to at least try and make a dish less unhealthy. Well, what if I were to tell you that not only can you make your own great tasting organic mayo at home, but that it’s also healthy to eat? Store bought mayo is full of processed ingredients and preservatives, none of which are good for you. Mayo doesn’t have to be this way, especially if you’re the one making it. Organic, homemade, preservative free mayo is super simple and quick to make, and is made up of ingredients that do your body good including:
- Avocado oil (boosts nutrient absorption and lowers blood pressure)
- Organic free range eggs (good source of protein)
- Apple cider vinegar (increased energy, fights diabetes and weight gain)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (aids in digestion and detoxification)
Did I mention it only takes 5 mins from start to finish? Try this guilt free organic mayo recipe and go from “hold the mayo” to “homemade mayo!”
- 1 egg
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Place egg yolks, oils, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard in a tall cup or mason jar with a wide mouth.
- Place immersion blender on the bottom and very slowly pulse from the bottom until you see your mayo slowly coming together and veins of oils showing.
- Add salt, pepper, and slowly begin moving immersion blender up to incorporate the oil with the egg yolks.
- When you have reached a thick consistency your mayo is done!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.