What has 7 words and tastes like heaven?
Pumpkin Spice. Caramel Drizzled. Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. Hello!
If you know me then you know fall is my favorite season. What a great time for food and fashion! Nothing gets me into my foodie creative mode quite like a good Trader Joe’s run (I practically live there). The sights and smells never fail to get my mental gears turning, thinking of interesting things to cook up or new challenges to take on. My 2nd most effective brainstorming time? Those looong nights where Saleh just can’t stay asleep on his own. The idea for this recipe was a product of one of those late nights. The name may be a mouthful, but it’s a surprisingly simple recipe. Just two bowls, a whisk, and some basic ingredients. Featuring my favorite Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting recipe as well as some irresistible Salted Caramel Sauce. Did I mention these were made with einkorn flour and organic coconut sugar? Cupcakes can be healthy, right? At least that’s what I tell myself as I reach for my third… Haha. But seriously, little things like using einkorn flour and organic ingredients can make a big difference in the nutritional value of your cooking.
These pumpkin spice chocolate chip cupcakes with caramel drizzled frosting are the perfect fall treat and a must have for your Thanksgiving dessert table!
- 2 cups all purpose einkorn flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting recipe
- Salted Caramel Sauce recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and salt. Mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Melt butter and add it to a medium mixing bowl with sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time whisking between each addition, then add vanilla extract and yogurt. Whisk until everything is smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 additions through a sieve and mix until smooth.
- Fold in pumpkin puree and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full (measures about 1 tablespoon).
- Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Pipe cupcakes with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
- Drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce recipe.