The only thing better than a delicious dessert?
A delicious, great looking dessert!
Mmmm, I get mesmerized just looking at those creamy swirls. A lot of people get intimidated by the idea of making a roll cake because it seems difficult, but it really isn’t! This recipe is so simple and does not take much time to prepare. The batter takes about 10 minutes from start to finish and it only needs to bake for about 11 minutes. The rest of the time involves cooling time, making the cream cheese filling and rolling and unrolling the cake. There are two methods of how to roll your cake. The first method is rolling the cake with parchment paper. The second method is to use a lint free dish towel and lightly dust with confectioners sugar. When the cake comes out of the oven and you have loosened the sides with a butter knife turn the cake over onto the dish towel. Carefully peel off the paper and roll the cake with the dish towel while it is still warm and cool on wire rack. Either way works, yay for options! I highly recommend my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting to go along with this recipe. Heavy cream makes this cake perfectly light and airy. Give this great tasting, head turning recipe a try and wow all your guests! Hope you enjoy!
- ¾ cup einkorn flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter the sheet pan then line it with parchment paper and then butter and flour the parchment paper.
- In a small bowl sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a medium size bowl and whisk until fluffy. Mix in pumpkin puree and continue to whisk.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan evenly spreading it using an offset spatula.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes* or until the top of the cake springs back when touched.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately loosen the sides with a butter knife. Roll the cake and leave on wire rack to cool.
- While your cake is cooling make this delicious Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting as an awesome filling!
- Unroll the cake, then spread cream cheese filling on cake leaving 1 inch from the sides and reroll while carefully peeling the parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.